Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Your new companyA trusted cost management consultancy in the construction industry – who deliver innovative, high-profile projects across the UK, Europe and North America. Projects include renewables, civils and commercial.This is a fantastic opportunity to fast track your career in this strategic role, working directly under one of the company Directors. This team currently has many senior level commercial staff members and due to their business rapidly growing in the North East they require an Assistant / Quantity Surveyor to support with work load and progress within the company.Your new role
- Administering a variety of contracts
- Providing accurate project cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting to completion in line with budget
- Pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance
- Procurement and tendering
- Site Visits
- Post contract variations
- Collaborating with client and contractor teams to manage the delivery of project deliverables, KPIs, and objectives, including programme performance, cost control, and value engineering
- Managing contract change effectively, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally Degree qualified
- Ideally hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent
- Experience working for a professional quantity surveying/cost management consultancy business, with a demonstrable track record of delivering a high-quality service.
- Contracting background will also be considered
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- Full driving licence
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.