Arriva UK Bus
If you love giving excellent customer service, then we have the perfect role for you!
Here at Arriva we are one of the biggest transport companies in Europe. We are at the heart of our community offering services to get you and other passengers from A to B. We are currently recruiting for both Trainee and Experienced Bus Drivers out of our Darlington depot to become part of our supportive team and deliver great customer service in the local area. If you want to be at the centre of this then Arriva may just be the company for you.
Don’t worry if you have never driven a bus before as we can train you, so if you are in a similar role or are looking for a change in career then apply now.
What Arriva can offer you
* Pay rate £10.70 rising to £12.02 per hour
* Minimum of 36 hours of work each week with potential overtime available
* 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) which will increase during your length of service
* Uniforms will be provided
* Arriva Workplace Pension
* Fantastic career opportunities
* Being part of a supportive team
* Additional Employee Benefits
* Free bus travel
* Full route learning will also be provided
* Training will be given to obtain a PCV license by our qualified driving instructors
* Additional training will be provided at your allocated garage after you have obtained your PCV license
* Training will include vehicle familiarisation, route learning, ticket machines, customer care, policies and procedures
* Full CPC training will also be provided to trainees
What we look for
You will need to be passionate about giving excellent customer service and love working with a variety of different people living and working in your local area; whilst being able to stay calm under pressure. We are looking for candidates who are prepared to work a variety of different shift patterns which will include weekend work.
Access to the ‘The Village’, Employee Assistance Programme, Free Bus Travel, Free Uniform, Pension
What we need from you
* Minimum of 18 years of age (DVLA Regulations)
* Full UK Driving License Holder for a minimum of 12 months
* 6 points or less on your driving license
* Passed fit for a PCV medical
* No unspent drink driving conviction
If this sounds like a position for you or somebody you know then click on the apply button below or contact us at .
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.70-£12.02 per hour
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.