Trigon Recruitment Ltd
Role:- Drug and Alcohol Service Manager
Location:- Bishop Aukland
Salary:- £40k UP TO Depending on experience
Contract – To cover maternity leave
Trigon Recruitment are recruiting exclusively for a leading national charity with a diverse range of services working with individuals and communities to meet people’s complex health and social needs, helping them to build happier lives. They are proud to successfully deliver a range of health and social care services, including substance misuse, independent living, employment and training, housing, young people, and family services.
This is a temporary role to cover maternity leave.
This role will require you to have the ability and energy to work in a high-performing recovery hub overseeing the management of the staff operating within it. You will have experience in managing teams and delivering on Key Performance Indicators. Alongside the belief that individuals can make positive changes in their lives.
1. Lead and assist in the management of services delivered by the teams in your area.
2. Ensure all service users receive appropriate and quality assessments, action plans (to support recovery, independent living or sustainable employment).
3. Develop and implement a business plan for your services in conjunction with senior management.
4. Identify and pursue opportunities to develop and expand Humankind services in line with the Regional/Area Business Plans.
5. Ensure high quality support is provided through effective needs assessment, interventions, risk assessment and support planning and implement a structured programme of meaningful activities.
6. Manage, mentor, coach and ensure the development of staff reporting to you, including volunteers. This includes involvement in delivering appropriate training, recruitment, induction, monitoring performance, managing absence and carrying out performance and development reviews.
7. Manage the budgets attached to your services in conjunction with the Finance Team ensuring that financial targets are met.
8. Support and ensure effective systems are in place for monitoring and recording all aspects of the service(s) directed by the contract. Analyse information and utilise analysis to continuously improve the service.
9. Implement financial and administrative control systems and operate within agreed budgets.
10. Ensure that services work within the required standards of the Quality Assessment Framework.
12. Take responsibility for Health and Safety issues within the working environment and to take the lead on premises management and building maintenance where appropriate.
13. Provide reports and statistical data on service performance as required and utilise effective performance management techniques to ensure that targets are being met.
14. Ensure that team members maintain accurate, comprehensive and current records via a management information system.
15. Oversee all necessary monitoring, assessment, action planning and review processes required.
16. Ensure all services delivered are accessible paying particular attention to underrepresented groups e.g. women, LBGTQ, gypsy and travellers etc.
17. Undertake continuing professional development including participating in performance and development reviews and attending training as/when required.
The ideal candidate
- You will hold or be working towards a recognised Management qualification e.g., Level 5 in Management / Leadership (or have relevant time served experience)
- You will have the ability to use Management Information Systems effectively along with good data analysis skills.
- You will have knowledge, experience and understanding of the needs and support required for all clients within treatment systems.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Have a good awareness of local support services
- Working knowledge of drug and alcohol treatment and housing related issues.
Generous annual leave entitlement (27 days, plus bank holidays, increasing to 32 after 1 years’ service)
Annual leave purchase scheme
Enhanced occupational sick pay
Enhanced employer contribution to your workplace pension
Death in service benefit
Free Will writing
Blue light card discount
Fantastic learning and development opportunities, including free training courses
Work-life balance- flexible working and family friendly policies
Happy, Healthy You! – our wellbeing offers for our workforce
Employee Assist Programme and Humankind Support Networks
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic leading charity who make a real difference to peoples lives. To apply please send CV or contact Craig Doyle on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.