*Electrical Maintenance Technician*
*Shift work Mon-Fri:*
*6:00 to 14:00*
*14:00 to 22:00*
*22:00 to 6:00*
The multi skilled engineering craftsman will carry out electrical work to maintain effective running of all plant equipment to obtain maximum production and service efficiency, improve costs, quality and safety.
* Carry out frequency based Preventive Maintenance plans to site standards across all areas of the site and rectify any issues found.
* Diagnose breakdown causes and repair efficiently and effectively.
* Carry out equipment installations as required to current organisational and regulatory standards, and be involved in or familiar with any project plans for the installation of new equipment.
* Modify and Improve Equipment, Plant and Processes electrically
* Able to understand electrical diagrams and work to them.
* Able to use a computer to update the Maintenance System on issues found and rectification of works.
* Able to plan help and organise Electricians and plan daily tasks
* Calibrate instrumentation including Weighing systems, Flow control, Level indicators etc.
* Support and contribute to the development of safe systems of work ensuring that Company Health and Safety Standards are complied with, and safe working practices are always adopted.
* Carry out electrical maintenance within defined scope.
* Provide technical advice, training support and information to departmental managers, supervisors, staff and external contractors relating to electrical/mechanical systems and equipment
* Carry out effective 5S processes and housekeeping of Workshop, and Plant areas affected by all maintenance activities.
* Be proactive in business process improvement initiatives and be aware of equipment performance trends such as efficiency, quality and waste.
* Take responsibility for the quality of information recorded in the Toolbox talks and shift change and ensure the information is communicated to appropriate colleagues at shift change.
* Monitor stock within stores to determine availability of required spares and liaise with the Support Co-ordinator to ensure that orders are placed and appropriately stocked in the stores area.
* Carry out other tasks given by department managers as and when required to suit the requirements of the business.
* Be a good time keeper, polite and courteous to all PPG, Contractors and others.
*INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:*
The multi skilled engineering craftsman will be required to develop and maintain proactive and sustainable relationships with all internal and external parties including other multi skilled engineering craftsmen, operational team members, the management team, contractors and suppliers, by:-
* Getting the best out of self and others – Motivate, develop and empower others to reach goals, and take responsibility for own and others’ development
* Communicating – Speak and write clearly, fluently and engagingly, and communicate openly, sharing information and listening to others
* Working with others – Be proactive, encourage team working, work productively with others across the business, understanding the roles of different areas and developing good relationships.
* Drive to get the job done – Work enthusiastically and tenaciously to achieve goals, and willing to take the initiative, Drive Improvements, make decisions and act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
* Recognised electrical/mechanical apprenticeship
* Five years relevant electrical/mechanical engineering experience
* Experience in Preventative Maintenance, practice and procedures
* Knowledge and operation of PLC/computer controlled equipment
* Instrumentation Calibration experience (essential for electrical bias)
* Knowledge and experience of working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems (essential for mechanical bias)
* Multi-Skilled, mechanical/electrical maintenance experience/qualification
* Confined space trained and certified (nice to have)
* CompEx trained and certified (nice to have for electrical bias)
* IPAF/FLT trained and certified
* 18th Edition IEE Wiring regulations trained and certified (essential for electrical bias)
* Good communications skills at all levels
* Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
* ONC or equivalent in related discipline
* Conscientious and reliable
* Good standard of numerical and verbal reasoning
* Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
* Suggesting improvements to plant and equipment to enhance safety and/or efficiency.
* Designing and implementing modifications to electrical/electronic systems and equipment.
* Undertaking tasks outside the nominal boundaries of a maintenance electrician, e.g. first aid duties, operation of motorised access equipment and Fork Lift Trucks, use of air-fed/self-contained respiratory equipment.
* Working unsociable hours in hazardous and physically demanding environments.
* Being available to work at short notice to maintain effective running of the plant.
* Must be willing and able to work overtime when required and Call out system if and when required at short notice.
* Will be able to work recognised company shift patterns (3 shift pattern)
Job Type: Full-time
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Life insurance
* On-site parking
* Private dental insurance
* Private medical insurance
* Store discount
* Wellness programme
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.