RMS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity that has arisen for a full time, permanent Freight Forwarder/Transport Planner to join a progressive transport company based in Darlington.
Our client is a family run business, with over 20 years’ experience in the transport industry. They provide logistics and storage solutions for a variety of companies in the UK and across Europe. With an impressive fleet of 15 vehicles, this is a company who specialise in groupage and dedicated transport services by offering competitive, flexible, and customised import and export solutions.
The primary function of the role is to coordinate import and export documentation for all EU shipments, which includes but is not limited to:
- Liaising with clients to establish and agree the most cost-efficient shipping routes.
- Liaising with drivers to coordinate daily / weekly workloads, scheduling routes and ferry crossings.
- Preparing accurate customs documents used for the cross-border movement of goods (T1 Requests).
- Coordinating with customs to approve driver and shipping details.
- Administering driver packs.
- Maintenance of freight forwarding portals.
- Co-Ordinating Import Documentation for EU Shipments
- Maintaining compliance and customer efficiency reports.
- Obtaining relevant safety permits (DVS).
The role works collaboratively with drivers, clients, and public transport services daily and requires a high degree of compliance and effective communication. The ability to multitask and remain focused in a fast-moving environment is essential, as is the ability to work in a small, dynamic team environment.
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week with flexibility around start and finish times. This is an office-based role, working from their transport hub in Darlington.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant planning/forwarding experience within the transport and logistics sector.
- Experience within customs declarations in a freight forwarding capacity.
- Strong capability within Excel and reporting.
- Good decision-making skills, ability to evaluate, prioritise and plan while responding to quickly changing workloads.
- A methodical, logical approach with good problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to form transparent relationships.
- Strong attention to detail with a particular focus around the importance of compliance.
Due to the ongoing growth of the company, there is also an opportunity to develop within the role, incorporating invoicing and accounts. The company are happy to consider a training program for the right candidate in this regard.
Interested? Please call Rob Colgrave on (phone number removed) or apply directly.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.