G5 Planning Specialists
Salary – £37,462
Locations – Nationwide
Grade – 5
Post Type/ Working Pattern – Full Time, flexible working available
If you’re part of the Environment Agency (EA), you’re part of the solution. Working with us means protecting and improving the environment and tackling issues of national importance. We’re based across England, and our responsibilities span industry regulation, flood defences, land contamination, water quality, fisheries and conservation.
Such broad scope of work calls for diverse, multi-skilled teams. Together, we’ll promote sustainable growth, tackle climate change and secure a better future for everyone.
*Your role with us*
Help ensure that environmental issues remain at the heart of major infrastructure development. From flood risk to water quality, remediation of contaminated land to biodiversity, you’ll seek opportunities to engage early with development proposals for nationally significant projects. You’ll work closely with the Planning Inspectorate, local authorities and developers to achieve integrated solutions that offer the best outcomes for the environment and for people. We’ll look to you to provide technical leadership that inspires and motivates others.
*What do I need?*
With a background in environmental or planning work, you’ll be used to advising on development issues or complex environmental problems. Project management skills would be useful, as would an understanding of the current political context. You will need:
* A good knowledge of the UK planning system and relevant legislation, including the Town & Country Planning Act and the Development Consent order regime
* The skills to communicate strategic and technical issues to a range of audiences
* A proven ability to achieve results and proactively identify and solve problems
* The flexibility and good organisation to respond to competing demands
*What’s in it for you?*
You’ll benefit from a culture that embraces difference and includes everyone, where you’ll feel supported and trusted to do the right thing. We’ll invest in you and allow you to grow and shape your career. What’s more, you’ll have access to our great benefits package including:
· A competitive salary of £37,462
· 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
· Great career opportunities
· Maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme
· A range of flexible working options
As an organisation we strive to reflect the communities we serve, to achieve this we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, and religion. We also welcome applications for part-time hours.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £37,462.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.