Mach Recruitment Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen.
Mach Recruitment are hiring HGV Yard Shunter Instructor
Job Title: Shunter Instructor
Shift: 5 days out of 7
Hourly rate: £14 per hour based on experience.
Experience needed – minimum of 12 months.
Temp to perm
We are currently recruiting for full time HGV Shunter Instructor to be responsible for moving and parking vehicles and trailers in the yard, working to site procedure and within the requirements of company compliance.
The ideal candidate must
- Have a valid CE driving licence
- Terberg yard shunter instructor qualified
Or be an experienced operative with at least 12 months experience.
- No more than 6 points (no DDs, DRs, TTs or INs)
Yard Shunters / HGV Shunters are operatives with the training and skills to ensure the movement of large vehicles safely around the site, within the company's premises and in other areas of off-road parking that are closed to the public.
- To ensure a safe, clean, and tidy working environment, adhering to hygiene standards, procedures and the “clean as you go” policy
- To safely move trailers from the parking area onto the loading bay, moving to the despatch area once loaded.
- Responsible for following the correct procedures when “hitching and unhitching” the unit to the trailer, ensuring it is securely loaded.
- To adhere to company procedures when reversing in the yard area.
- To ensure that the “tug” or unit is kept clean and tidy inside and out.
- Responsible for adhering to relevant systems and procedures in place for Product Safety, Legality and Quality.
- Responsible for adhering to all relevant systems and procedures in place for Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
- To act wholeheartedly in the interests of the company always.
- To undertake any other duties as needs indicate.
Mach Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employer for this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.