Redde Northgate plc
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Coordinator
Salary: Up to £27k basic
Full time, permanent position
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well-organised HSE Coordinator to provide support to the Health, Safety & Environment team, internal stakeholders, and colleagues. Reporting into the Head of Group HSE, the role will primarily assist in helping to oversee operational, legal and industry compliance throughout all locations and business activities across Redde Northgate.
Key responsibilities and duties
• Promotes and raises HSE awareness and culture across the business
• Able to prepare detailed and professional reports in a timely manner
• Supports in the implementation of audit findings and monitors compliance
• Supports in helping produce risk assessments and other HSE documentation as necessary
• Ensures compliance with the Company’s HSE policies, procedures, and risk assessments
• Develops and maintains a professional and working relationship with colleagues at all levels and promotes exceptional standards
• Identifies and reports any non-compliance and assists in rectifying promptly and professionally
• Ensures the company intranet is up to date with the most recent HSE documentation and information
• Manages the administration of the company health and safety online reporting system
• Reviews and uploads compliance types ensuring follow up works are actioned.
• Assists in carrying out accident investigations and produces reports which identify causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence
• Assists with the completion of external audits
• Able to maintain relationships with third-party suppliers
• Communicates effectively and professionally with external authorities where the need may arise
• Performs ad hoc tasks as considered appropriate with the role
• Holds a good level of education credentials and professional qualifications
• Committed to further personal development training to support and improve knowledge
• A team player who works well against timescales and can deal with issues confidently and confidentially
• Good communicator who can build and develop relationships at all levels
• Sensible and practical approach to issues and problem solving
• Excellent IT Skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other software packages
• Flexible approach to daily duties
• Able to prioritize workload
• Able to use own initiative
• Identifies & engages key stakeholders to ensure support in all HSE matters
• Holds full driving license
• Previous experience of working within a HSE role is desirable but not essential
• H&S qualification, including NEBOSH, IOSH or similar are desirable
What’s in it for you?
• Salary- Competitive salary
• Annual leave- 25 days plus bank holidays and an extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
• Financial Benefits- save-as-you-earn scheme, free life assurance (2x your basic salary) and a range of national and local retailer discounts.
• Lifestyle & Wellbeing Benefits- eye care vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with an NHS Approved mental well-being mobile app.
• Motoring Benefits- free motor accident assistance, discounted vehicle repairs, discounts on weekend vehicle hire and van hire and access to an employee vehicle-leasing scheme
Redde Northgate was formed in early 2020 following a successful merger, bringing together a broad mix of market-leading operating companies to become the UK’s foremost integrated mobility solutions provider.
Be part of our future
If you would love to join our friendly team in Darlington as an HSE Coordinator, please apply today for immediate consideration
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.