Job Title: IT Technician Location: DarlingtonDuration: Permanent Shifts: Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours per weekSalary: Negotiable We are looking for a talented and motivated IT Technician to join our clients team in Darlington. In this role you will help and provide technical support to our staff via physical attendance, phone, email, and remote access, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to our Company software, hardware and devices and the operating systems they live on.Roles and responsibilities
- You will be using software packages, including but not limited to SQL Management Studio, VM Ware VSphere and MS Office 365 administration
- Help to install and configure, and troubleshoot desktop and system installations including operating systems, specialist design and manufacturing software and hardware products.
- The post holder will be required to cover out of hours calls on an ad hoc basis, but these occasions are rare.
- Self-starter who has good technical skills and be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Ideally you will have a good understanding of Windows operating systems, networks, software, hardware, and devices including installation, configuration and remote access with knowledge of Hypervisors and virtual environments.
- You will be a good problem solver and keen to resolve your colleagues' IT issues.
- You will need to have patience, be willing to learn, and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Skills and experience
- A level or equivalent in Computer Science, or related STEM fields
- Degree in Computer related subject, or demonstrable extensive experience in the field
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Managing Windows servers and domains
- Experience of managing Microsoft SQL Server and performing basic SQL programming tasks
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell or Windows Command Line
- Understanding of networking concepts, including TCP/IP and DNS
- Microsoft MSCE or equivalent courses
- Flexible working scheme
- 25 days paid holiday plus all recognised bank holidays
- Life insurance cover
- 10% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Onsite Parking
- Corporate workwear available
- Company sick pay
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.