active care group
Come and join the UK’s largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We’d like you to join us as a Management Accountant in our finance team in Darlington. This role is hybrid, working 3 days in the Darlington office and 2 days at home.
The role will report into the Senior Management Accountant within the Management Accounts team.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for accounting and reporting within a specified Division of the Active Care Group. Primary reporting line is to the Senior Management Accountant, but also liaising with the Commercial Finance team for the division.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring that Regional and Divisional P&L and balance sheet amounts are accurately recorded in the month-end accounts on a timely basis, in particular:
- Ensuring that revenue, payroll and cost accrual/prepayment journals are posted accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that any billing issues are resolved appropriately with the commercial team.
- Ensuring main trading account bank reconciliations are prepared.
- Preparing accurate and insightful management accounts with appropriate KPIs; including revenue and margin analysis.
- Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in line with agreed timescales.
- Support in preparing budgets and forecasts for your assigned division, supporting the Commercial Finance team and the wider Group Finance teams.
- Ad hoc analysis and costings in support of your assigned division.
- Ensuring that new financial and operating systems are implemented appropriately to ensure that month-end processes are as automated as possible.
- Maintaining a continual focus on ensuring that information is presented in the most useful way possible and that any issues identified which would enable management to improve business performance are appropriately reported.
- Manage and develop Assistant Management Accountants.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Appropriate Accounting qualification, preferably ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Strong financial reporting skills.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Organised and structured, ensuring all deadline are met.
- Able to work as part of a team and autonomously.
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence.
- Being flexible, innovative, and adaptable at work to meet competing priorities.
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
- Experience in management accounting role
- Experience of working in a fast paced and evolving team environment, private equity and / or healthcare an advantage.
- Experience of using Sage X3.
- Experience of integration and systems development a plus.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
What to look forward to:
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
- Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
- Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
- A Nest Personal Pension account
- Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
- We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
- Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
- Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
- ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.