Department for International Development
At BEIS, we are leading the UK’s recovery from coronavirus and are building a stronger, greener country. Our varied work makes a real difference to people across the UK and internationally. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the BEIS team and our exciting mission!
We lead on the UK’s commitments to tackle climate change and drive green economic growth. We support businesses to create jobs and increase opportunity in regions across the UK. We also encourage investment and innovation to make the UK a science superpower producing research that will improve lives.
Our Inclusive Environment
We are building an inclusive culture to make BEIS a brilliant place to work where our people feel valued, have a voice and can be their authentic selves. We value difference and diversity, not only because we believe it is the right thing to do, but because it will help us be more innovative and make better decisions.
We offer first-class flexible working benefits, excellent employee well-being support and a great pension. We are fortunate to have a range of excellent staff networks and are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader employer. We will support talented people from all backgrounds to build a career and thrive.
We actively welcome applications from anyone who shares our commitment to inclusion. We will fully support candidates with a disability or long-term condition who require adjustments in our recruitment process.
In this role you will support the Senior Marketing Manager in the co-ordination and delivery of campaign activity within and outside of the Communications Directorate, managing external agency contracts to deliver innovative and impactful communications. You will work with media planning, buying and creative advertising agencies to craft creative and targeted marketing in order to:
• build business confidence in the UK government’s handling of the cost of living and energy crisis;
• support new and existing policies to get people and businesses to take action;
• drive long-term behaviour change to deliver net zero by 2050, halt nature degradation, improve health and tackle climate change
• Support Cabinet Office coordination and project management on consumer energy related activity, including advising on media planning and buying briefs aligned to business energy campaign objectives, and providing a key point of contact for key policy and Cabinet Office leads;
• Support the development of campaign assets and liaise with policy colleagues and Cabinet Office colleagues to ensure all campaign messaging is factual and easy for audiences to understand and act on;
• Liaise with Cabinet Office and BEIS insight and evaluation colleagues on insight development, audience segmentation, creative and messaging development, including testing and mechanisms for sign-off (including with No 10 and Cabinet Office);
• Provide support to ensure all finance processes are adhered to including raising purchase orders as needed, liaising with UKSBS and business support colleagues and provide input regarding management of commercial contracts where applicable;
• Support integration of energy related search terms and social content etc into the Cabinet Office media plans;
• Liaise with BEIS insight colleagues to gather marketing related data and evaluation feeding into regular BEIS and Cabinet Office reporting packs;
• Support development of no cost strategies where applicable liaising with stakeholder, press, PR and digital teams;
• Undertake paid social comment monitoring drafting and clearing responses with policy colleagues and seeking SIO/G7 approvals.
Skills and Experience
BEIS are recruiting a high performing Marketing Manager to join their diverse and inclusive team. You should be able to hit the ground running as part of a hard working and high-performing team, in an exciting, fast-paced environment. In you role will help deliver extraordinary marketing and partnership activity to help support behaviour change for businesses and citizens across the UK.
• possess strong written and oral communications skills and be adept at delivering projects to deadline and within budget. With experience of paid-for marketing, we expect you to be adept at developing insight and data driven strategies, using social media, and working with partners to support the delivery of campaigns;
• be an excellent team player who demonstrates a positive and collaborative approach to work;
• Have excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, and be skilled at building and maintaining networks;
• Have experience of paid-for marketing. We expect you to have experience of managing multiple agencies concurrently. You should also be adept at developing insight and data driven strategies across the entire marketing mix, using social media, and confident working with partners to support the delivery and extend the reach of campaigns;
• Possess excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task, managing projects on time and budget;
• Understand the importance of, and have some experience in, monitoring and evaluating campaign activity and demonstrating return on investment.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Delivering at Pace
Seeing the Big Picture
Managing a Quality Service
BEIS offers a competitive mix of benefits including:
A culture of flexible working, such as job sharing, homeworking and compressed hours.
Automatic enrolment into the , with an average employer contribution of 27%.
A minimum of 25 days of paid annual leave, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 30.
An extensive range of learning & professional development opportunities, which all staff are actively encouraged to pursue.
Access to a range of retail, travel and lifestyle employee discounts.
A hybrid office/home based working model where staff will spend a norm of 40-60% of their time in the office (minimum of 40%) over a month with flex dependent on balancing business and individual need (from September 2021, depending on how the public health guidance evolves).
For the full list and to see our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please see the attached Employee Offer booklet.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
This vacancy is using , and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Please use your personal statement (in no more than 250 words) to explain how your skills, qualities and experience make you suitable for the role, with particular reference to the criteria set out in the person specification.
Please note – the CV incorporated into the application form is for information purposes only and will not be scored.
In the event of a large number of applicants, applications will be sifted on the personal statement.
Candidates who pass the initial sift may be progressed to a full sift, or progressed straight to assessment/interview.
The interview will consist of behaviour questions.
Sift and interview dates
Expected Timeline subject to change
Sift dates: w/c 13th February 2023
Interview dates: 20th February 2023
Interview Location: MS Teams.
Candidates are asked to note the above timetable, exercising flexibility through the recruitment and selection process.
If a disabled person is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
Contact Government Recruitment Service via [email protected] as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs
Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional
We are proud to be a disability confident leader, more information about the Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) and some examples of adjustments that BEIS offers to disabled candidates and candidates with long-term health conditions during our recruitment process can be found in our . A of the guidance is also available.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section.
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check may be carried out.
New entrants are expected to join on the minimum of the pay band.
A location based reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for 12 months. Should another role become available within that period you may be offered this position.
Please note terms and conditions are attached. Please take time to read the document to determine how these may affect you.
Any move to Depart
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.