Redde Northgate plc
Payroll Team Leader
Location: Darlington, with hybrid workingSalary: £33,600Contract: Permanent
Redde Northgate is the leading integrated mobility solutions platform providing services across the vehicle lifecycle. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. We offer integrated mobility solutions to businesses, fleet operators, insurers, OEMs and other customers across six key areas: vehicle rental, vehicle disposal, vehicle ancillary services, repairs, accident management and vehicle data.
We are recruiting for an experienced Payroll Team Leader to join the Group Payroll Team here at Redde Northgate. This is a newly created team within Group Payroll to support the Payroll Manager with the daily supervision of two Payroll Administrators, all aspects of payroll processing and administration, ensuring accuracy and timely payment at all times. The role will work closely with Stakeholders, Payroll and HR colleagues to develop and maintain a class leading payroll service to all our customers.
The role is pivotal in supporting the Group Payroll Manager to ensure the Group’s payroll service operates within regulatory requirements including, but not limited to:
- PAYE / National Insurance
- National Minimum Wage
- National Living Wage
- Pension Auto Enrolment
Your key responsibilities will include
- Direct supervision of Payroll Administrators including training, coaching and professional development
- Manage all aspects of new starters, leavers, transfers and pay related changes ensuring accuracy of data and compliance of company processes
- Input and reconciliation of the monthly payrolls
- Managing employee timesheet module
- Process colleague benefits including salary sacrifice and net deductions via 3rd party provider
- Dealing with queries of a complex and technical nature
- Preparation and submission of BACS Files
- Administration of Group and NEST Pension Schemes including new entrants and leavers
- Reconciliation and submission of HMRC RTI returns
- Preparation and reconciliation of P11d and Class 1a NI contributions including tax year end processes
- Reconciliation of payroll balance sheet
- Administration of the Group’s SAYE and Sharesave schemes
- Creating ad hoc reports using HRIS reporting tools and BI Query
- First point of contact for payroll related issues with HRIS / Self Service system (currently Civica)
- Assist the testing of system upgrades, fixes and new functionality as required
- Assist the integration of new business from a payroll perspective
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and the customer experience
- Deputise for Group Payroll Manager as required
What’s in it for you?
Salary – £33,600
Annual leave – 25 days plus bank holidays and an extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
Pension – Aviva 5% Employer Contributions
Financial Benefits – Save-as-you-earn scheme, free life assurance and a range of national and local retailer discounts.
Lifestyle & Wellbeing Benefits – Eye care vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with an NHS Approved mental well-being mobile app.
Motoring Benefits – Free motor accident assistance, discounted vehicle repairs, discounts on weekend vehicle hire and van hire and access to an employee vehicle-leasing scheme.
Ongoing Support – You will be given extensive training and ongoing personal development.
- Experience of working in Payroll in a supervisory capacity and effective communicator
- Up to date with current legislative knowledge: PAYE, RTI, Auto Enrolment, SMP, SSP, P11D
- Experience of integrated HR / Payroll systems
- Good excel skills including the use of pivot tables and Vlookup
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Working with discretion and handling data securely
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
Having experience in the below would be desirable
- Worked on an integrated HR/Payroll system such as Civica or similar
- BTEC Level 3 Payroll Techniques, or CIPP Payroll Technician or equivalent
Be part of our future
If you are interested in this role and hold the relevant skills, please apply today for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.