Company Shop Group
About the Role
As a section leader, you’ll be the first point of contact for your team! You will make sure that colleagues are always available to maintain product availability, that they meet and deliver the excellent expectations of our members all through thorough planning of rota’s, annual leave and overtime, ensuring that colleagues are in the right place at the right time delivering impeccable store standards.
You’ll also assist to train, develop and coach our colleagues through a detailed training programme, whilst keeping them fully up to date with relevant business updates through daily team huddles.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who have experience in coaching, developing and leading teams in a fast paced retail environment.
You will have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, and will be flexible and adaptable to support the needs of the business.
You will lead by example and uphold the Company Shop Group values at all times.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
• Support the store manager in delivering an exceptional section/department, by leading and motivating the ambient colleagues to deliver the day to day operation of your area of responsibility
• Deliver high store standards and operational statutory compliance across the department ensuring delivery of exceptional member experience and service, quality and product availability
• Ensure that all policies, procedures and legal obligations are followed as specified by Company Shop Group
• Responsible for your area of the stores operation and maintaining the department to an exceptional standard
• Plan and lead the daily huddles for your team, that encourage contributions towards sales and product availability
• Assist the store manager to achieve sales budgets, KPI’s, departmental rotas, provide feedback and input on maximising sale opportunities
• Analyse departmental data to identify opportunities and risk and use this to develop a plan of action for your department
• Assess costs for all activities and always look for ways to simplify and improve current processes
• Any other reasonable management instruction
• To act and deputise for other section leaders and the store manager as and when required
• Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental policies and practices are upheld, whilst proactively encouraging your team to promote a culture of good HSE practice
• Continuously review waste within your department and seek solutions to reduce wastage where possible
• Engage your colleagues both within your department and within other departments to support cross functional and positive working relationships
• Employ a supportive and high performing culture with consistent delivery, through excellent leadership and motivation, that fully utilises and develops colleagues’ skills and capabilities
• Lead and develop colleagues to deliver performance against plan and ensure they deliver the tasks they are accountable for
• Communicate and drives relevant KPI’s to team members, ensuring that all colleagues are motivated and encouraged to work effectively and efficiently
• Ensure that all members of your team adhere to all Company Shop Group policies and procedures
• Active promote and encourage the reporting of any near misses and accidents
• Support, develop, coach and guide all members of your team through the use of development and succession planning
• Keep up to date with information relevant to your department and cascade this accordingly to your team
• Create an engaging department where colleagues are trusted by our members and are aware that they are at the heart of everything we do
• Listen to our members and utilise any feedback to drive continuing improvement service levels across the department
• Ensure that our colleagues uphold our culture and deliver an expectational member experience
Location- Company Shop, Haughton Road, Darlington, DL1 2BJ
Salary: £27,038 per annum
Shifts/Hours: 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 (rota basis) between the hours of 6am and 10pm Monday to Sunday
The successful candidate must be flexible, the role will require working evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Full training provided
Free membership to Company Shop
Death in service cover
Contributory Pension Scheme
Annual Flu Injections (optional)
On site Parking.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.