SEN Teaching Assistant Required in an SEN School Close to Eastbourne – East Sussex
The post will require someone who has suitability to work with complex and challenging children and young people.
* To be able to support students, many of whom have struggled in the mainstream system, with their learning and pastoral development.
* To support teaching staff to deliver a high-quality education for all students.
* To deliver personalised learning to small groups and individual students.
* Ensure all students are safe, happy and secure.
* To support teachers to ensure all students receive high quality learning experiences.
* To support teachers to ensure all students make good progress.
* Have responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
* Support students to achieve their personal targets.
* Undertake such duties as are delegated by the class teacher or senior leader.
* To use an up-to-date knowledge of current curriculum expectations to deliver high quality personalised learning.
* To be aware of health and safety issues ensuring that all students learn in a safe and secure environment.
* To adhere to and take responsibility for implementing school policies and practices, including those relating to Equal Opportunities.
* Understand the individual needs of all students with whom you work. Ensure that you have a clear understanding of each student’s profile, risk assessment and individual support plan before you work with them.
* To deliver planned learning effectively to ensure that students have the opportunity to achieve their individual targets.
* To use high quality strategies that keep students engaged through effective questioning, lively presentation and good use of resources.
* To monitor student’s learning, providing constructive feedback
* To work as part of a team to maintain a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which students feel secure, confident and able to take risks in their learning.
* Whilst taking account of the needs of individual students, set high expectations for students behaviour. Act to pre-empt and deal with inappropriate behaviour in line with the school’s
* Enthusiastic and motivated
* Maintain a professional ethos and persona at all times
* Act as a role model to students
* Ability to work independently and use initiative when required.
* Able to make decisions following discussion with line manager/Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
* To be able to work as a team member and follow instructions from line manager, teacher.
* Able to problem solve and prioritise tasks
* Able to work safely following health and safety procedures, making students aware of these by acting as a role model.
* Display a flexible/adaptable approach to support other members of the team as and when required.
* Be able to objectively evaluate strategies used with students with regards to their success.
* Be professional and follow the code of ethics at all times
To hear more about the school and to answer any questions you have, please can you email Paul at paul[email protected] or call Paul on 01293 527416
Employment will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure checks
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.