The One Group
Role: Shift Coordinator – Operational ManagementSalary: £17.35 Per Hour (PAYE)Location: Site Based In DarlingtonDuration: 12 Month Contract – Possibility For Extension Or Transition Into A Permanent Role Shifts: 37.5 Hours Per WeekThis is a 100% On Site Role In A Rotating Shift PatternNight Shift: Sun – Thurs 22:00 – 06:00Early Shift: Mon – Fri – 06:00 – 14:00Late Shift: Mon – Fri – 14:00 – 22:00Wanted: Shift Coordinator to join the UK Logistics team based in Darlington. This is an operational management role where the successful candidate will be leading the logistics team which consists of 40-50 logistics workers per shift. The logistics team is responsible for getting the materials in from the offsite warehouse, picking materials & sending them to the assembly line and dispatching the assembled product.Key Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily activities of a production unit or teams.
- Responsible for the daily activities of a production team including managing team members, housekeeping, and meeting production targets.
- Works cross functionally to recommend and engage in improving safety, productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Serves as group lead on projects and work assignments.
- Provides guidance and feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals; sets expectations and clarifies responsibilities.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Candidates with previous Production, Logistics or Warehousing experience are preferred.
- Candidates who've been in a similar role for a couple of years already or are looking to take the next step up from a team leader role.
- Be self-motivated
- Have good people management skills
- Be a good team player
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.