Offering £40,000 – £50,000 Basic Salary plus Great Bonus
Our client is an established quarry operation based in the Darlington area. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hands-on Site Manager to join a newly acquired site. Reporting directly to the Regional Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be hands-on and manage all operational activities at the quarry. Responsible for leading a small site team to deliver operational activities to the highest standards of health, safety, and environment compliance.
Site Manager – Key Accountabilities:
- Lead and manage direct reports, ensuring employees are motivated and managed effectively to meet production plans.
- Develop strong working relationship with key stakeholders to ensure materials are maximised on all development platforms.
- Having a joined up approach with Site Maintenance to ensure the H&S of machinery and plant are always maintained.
- Strive to achieve or exceed operational and financial targets for the site.
- Achieving quality and production targets within production costing and budgets.
- Share information with Senior Managers to develop reporting to ensure plant efficiencies.
Site Manager – Routine Accountabilities:
- Constantly monitor the running of the plant and the quality of the product.
- Ensure daily zone safety checks are completed and action report findings.
- Lead daily and weekly Operations meeting.
- Deploy all site personnel to efficiently achieve goals, being hands-on, when required.
- Co-ordinate preventative Maintenance activities to maximise fleet availability.
- Induct visitors, contractors and new starters when required.
- Minimise downtime and maintain production targets through constant monitoring.
Site Manager – Person Specification:
- Experienced in managing a fast paced quarrying, mining or recycling site.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation but specifically the Quarry Regulations 1999.
- Experienced in having 81d or 81c responsibility.
- Minimum IOSH qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire a small team of 4 employees.
- Self-driven, hands-on and able to prioritise own workload to ensure tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Able to work as part of a team with excellent communication skills.
Site Manager is offering £40,000 – £50,000 basic salary plus great benefits including company vehicle, private medical and 25 days holiday plus statutory for the successful candidate. This is a full-time, permanent position based at our client’s site in the Darlington area.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Site Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd. The services advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.