The RoleThe Database Administrator will assist in the management and administration of the on premise and cloud Database infrastructure. Responsible for day-to-day administration and monitoring of Database environments along with providing proposals for the continuous improvements to Database services. Main responsibilities include;
- Administration, Support and Configuration of the Database environments.
- Maintaining Existing services and supporting the implementation of new services.
- Remediation of legacy SQL databases to remain in a support version considering all available options (Upgrade, Replace, Transform).
- Ensure the business continuity through Backup/Restore of SQL server.
- Implementation and maintenance of Monitoring, replication, high availability and DR solutions.
- Supporting colleagues by advising on database related issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database related issues raised via My Support Incidents & requests.
Salary is dependant on experience and the role will come with an excellent benefits package including 10% bonus and a generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.The PersonCandidates will need a proven experience of supporting and large scale database environment, with strong SQL skills and exposure to monitoring, disaster recover, replication and high availability.Ideally candidates will also have worked on cloud based services.The CompanyMy client provides a market-leading service to over half a million customers in the UK, trading for almost 50 years they have a strong business built on depth of experience and specific market knowledge. Following a transformation programme which has been supported by a number of third parties they are looking to strengthen their internal team in a number of areas. The SQL DBA will join a multi-discipline department, working alongside a Senior DBA, to support existing legacy services and deliver a project to replace, upgrade or transform the database environment.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.